Music Video:Why Do You Feel So Down by Declan Mckenna

Overview

My group chose Why Do You Feel So Down because we wanted to achieve an upbeat feeling but not have it be too mainstream. We didn't really have specific roles and we all worked together, Kate being the main editor and I experimented and made the transitions.Due to bad weather, we weren't able to stick to our filming schedule because out video was outside and it was snowing. Since we were attempting to replicate a video, pre-production was primarily studying the video, finding actors, and learning choreography. Because the video was set in all one location, filming was very fast once there was a time to do it. 

Production

I learned on specific technique, which I will later use in animation. This technique was how to mask one clip with a shape to reveal another clip below it which we used many times in the video. The main thing we were not able to achieve that was in the video was the lower thirds with the lyrics going by and there was also some color correction that we didn't have time for.

Conclusion

I used communication because while my team was filming I had to travel out of town, so I had to plan ahead and make sure that they didn't need me to do anything before I left. I mostly needed to lead in the pre-production process because my team would sometimes get distracted and I also kept track of the things we still needed to do for pre-production like a shot list ect.. If we did a similar project, I would keep track of the possible weather in relationship to the scenery of the video and what could be a solution if needed. I would again try to be in a team where I could participate in/lead editing because that is my favorite part and I think my biggest strength. In general, I really enjoyed this project, and had a lot of fun recreating something that was already created.

Comments

Popular Posts