Twilight movie trailer

Overview

For this project we were assigned a movie trailer to recreate, and ours was the Dead Poet Society. However, we decided that this was unachievable and requested to pick a new trailer, leaving us with a slightly late start. Despite this consequence, we chose to recreate the Twilight movie trailer instead. During pre-production, we made a cast list, a rough shot list, organized locations, props, and characters, as well as screenshotted every frame we planned to film.

My Role

I was the main editor, starting with attempting to replicate the trailer, we then decided to make our own version when we weren't able to finish the full original in time. Our collaboration skills were good because although we disagreed on some parts of the project we still were able to effectively work together and get the project done. Our project management was good because although we were a little behind in scheduling, we adapted to the situation to get done.

What I Learned

If we were to do a similar project I would try to choose a trailer with fewer characters, which we had to resort to anyways. I would also plan ahead, and check with all actors that they are not just available for the soonest time to film, but every time after that that we may need to work with them again. Next time, it would be ideal if I were able to make an identical trailer, but if I ran out of time and couldn't, I would use the same solution of doing what I can to shorten it down but still introduce the movie and have the trailer make sense. For this trailer, I was able to work more with coloring to make it look more like the original trailer which I will use this new knowledge again in my next project. I enjoyed this project, especially once we decided to make it our own because I had more freedom in editing.

Comments

Popular Posts