Jaden Brown Interview



Overview

My group decided to interview Jaden Brown, who is a sophmore and is involved in multiple
school clubs and activities such as the Gender Sexuality Alliance, The spoken word poetry 
club, as well as marching band. Jaden's story was very interesting because of his originality,his personal opinions, and lifestyle.

Process

To get started, we first went over some tips for editing, and we later went over suggestions 
for filming, however, it was unfortunately too late for my group to apply these corrections, as we had already filmed most of our footage. Then, we wrote our twenty questions for our 
interview so that we could be prepared for our interview. Once we wrote our script, we went 
location scouting for where we would film our interview. For this particular project, the only
specific role we had was the director, and the rest of our group focused our efforts into 
whatever was needed in general. We had two or three days to find a subject, location, and
write our script. After that, we had about a week in total to film, and then two weeks to edit. Our group followed this rough schedule outline for the most part in terms of the timeline.
While editing, I had some issues with the volume difference between the interview versus the
b-roll, so I learned how to adjust the volume of the individual clips which will be helpful later.
Also, with the different formats that the b-roll clips came from, I struggled with making each part of the video consistent in size. One obstacle I faced was that I was being interviewed byanother group for this same project, so I unfortunately wasn't able to help my group that 
much in the filming process. For this project, I don't think that I did very well with time 
management, and I had to rush the editing process as a result, so my video was not the best
that it could have been.

Conclusion

Next time I am doing a feature interview like this one, I will write my voiceover before I start editing, so that I can sequence my shots and base the visuals off of that. I think the this will
improve the quality of my edited video and the visuals will go better with the voiceover. For my next project, I will use the new editing techniques I have learned such as how to scale 
clips, and how to adjust the clips' volumes in Premiere Pro.

Comments

Popular Posts