google sketchup house

       

The main goal of this project was to create a house in google sketchup that was based on a picture of a house we chose from a house plans website. A primary goal in this project was to make the house as realistic and as practical as possible. This particular guideline was sort of disappointing because in the picture I chose, there was a creek featured which I wanted to include in my project but I decided it wasn't practical. This was mostly disappointing for me because the creek was the main reason I chose this house to replicate.


I learned a lot about the sketchup program and got used to how to use the many basic functions of the software. For example, I learned how to use the draw line, push/pull, move, basic shapes, and all of the versions of the arch tools. On my first attempt at building the house, I clearly did not pay enough attention to the measurements, as I believe the original house's width was over one billion miles. After attempting to scale down the model, there was just too much of a difference that would need to be made. Because of this, I had to start over, putting my progress far behind that of my classmates. This very much complicated the process, and I had to come in often outside of class to meet the deadline.

In the future, I will definitely pay more attention to measurements of objects to avoid similar problems with other projects. Something I think I did well was style and creativity of the house. I really liked being allowed to base our creation off of an already made picture, but we were still able to be creative and make the project our own. In our next project similar this, I will definitely use the technique of pulling a picture from the internet to paint our house, instead of using one of the limited paints available in the sketchup app. I really enjoyed this project because I was able to add virtually whatever I wanted to the house, especially speaking to small things, like colors and details.


A texture I used from online
for the sides of my house




A texture I used from online
for my door






SEE THE ORIGINAL HOUSE HERE!!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts