ONW NOW Word From The Halls


Introduction

For our final project this semester, we created our own version of a news show. each group in my class had a piece to make which would all be compiled into one show. My group had the Word From The Halls segment. Our team decided that the theme of the questions we would be asking would be High School Musical. I think that this made the segment more relatable and interesting to the audience, which for this project would be fellow students also in high school.

Process

The first task to accomplish was to write our questions for the interviews. Since we were all familiar with this subject, the pre-production process was fairly easy. Once we were prepared, we went to the halls during lunch, so we could get four to five interviews for our segment of the show. I contributed to the writing of the questions for our interviews and when it came time to film I mostly managed the camera and made sure that everything was set up correctly like the audio and camera settings. When we started editing , I began to learn about more tools and abilities of the editing software we use. For example, I learned another way to use a graphic in Adobe Premiere as well as an easier way to adjust the audio of a clip. I had to miss a day of class, so I first made sure that it wasn't going to be a big problem and then let my team know that I was going to be gone. Then I asked my group if there was anything else I could do while I was gone or when I got back to help out.

Conclusion

I approached this assignment with a greater sense of urgency because we had to finish all of our individual pieces by a certain deadline for them to be put in the news show. Next time, I am doing a project like this, I will write more questions and interview less people so there would be more variety in the video. Now, I have more experience filming in public and with lots of other audio nearby. This will improve my next project because I now know more techniques with microphones and testing audio. I enjoyed this project because there was a specific task, but the topic was very open ended so there was still creative freedom. I also enjoyed creating this video because it is the more light-hearted, comedy based part of the news show which made it very fun to write, film, and edit.

Comments

Popular Posts