My Self Portrait Video-Touring My Room!

      For my video I showcased the things in my room that represent me the most. I keep all the things that I love and use the most, so I think it describes me very well. I wanted to show that I do ballet and that I have been for a long time. I shared this because it takes up an enormous part of my life, time, and personality.  I also wanted to show that I like Marvel and especially Guardians of the Galaxy. When we review the portraits in class, the one that inspired me the most was the lip-dub that Makenna did for her project. I enjoyed this project because it was sort of comically cheesy, and still very well planned and executed.
      Some of the elements in my self portrait include lighting, music, filming, and speaking. I asked my sister who was filming for me to hold the phone in portrait mode because most of the things I featured in my video were more vertical than horizontal. For lighting, I had my regular ceiling light on, and I considered turning on the wax warmer that I have in my room for some extra light. I refrained from doing so because the bright light in the corner made the camera focus there, and distracted from the subject. For the part where I was talking in the background, I found the most important things in my room, and wrote a loose script. I discovered that when I was talking, the microphone also picked up my breathing in the audio. This didn't sound good in the video, so in the next take I played music in the background.
      I hope that when viewers watch my piece, they notice how the object connect to an important aspect of my life. For example, when I showcased my nutcrackers and ballet posters, I was hoping to convey that ballet is very important to me. I think if I had a longer time limit, I could explore this further, and achieve my goal more thoroughly and accurately. The main issue I faced was making a film plan, such as how I would enter, if I should stay in the frame, and how I would exit. The only way I was able to overcome this was shooting multiple takes, and with each attempt we became more consistent, and smoother through transitions. My favorite part of this project was being able to express myself without needing to be under the pressure of presenting about myself to the class in real time. Next time I create a self portrait, I will try to be more creative, because I has now seen more examples and have more inspiration. From this project, I learned the things I need to work on the most, like filming, planning, and speaking on camera.

WATCH MY VIDEO HERE!!!
            

Comments

Popular Posts